Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kitten has a Date - Part 1

Please forgive the silence. I just haven't felt driven to write.

I've been feeling very peaceful.
Centered.
Happy.
Ever since the philosopher called last Friday.
Peaceful and centered and happy and not driven to write.

However, I did write a new ad for craigslist.
It's as if I can handle seeing other people better now that I feel more secure.

So I wrote a clever little ad which I won't reprint here, but which anyone who knows me as oatmeal girl would recognize in an instant. I advertised for a smart guy with extra points for being a dom.

Another reason for not posting more this week is that I've been fielding responses. And tonight I have a date. Movie followed by dinner.

He seems like a nice guy. Fairly close to my age, college teacher, world traveler, leftist - lefter than me.

Half Jewish, half Irish Catholic.

And married. In an open marriage. A committed marriage to a woman who is often out of the country.

Perfect.

Well almost. No sign of any interest in BDSM. But even if we just occasionally hang out and go to a movie or whatever, it will be very nice.

We'll see. I promise to report. And meanwhile, I have the satisfaction of being a very good girl and obeying the philosopher's instructions not to cut myself off. Because now I don't feel like he's trying to send me away. I feel as if he's looking after me.

Happy kitten.

No comments: