Monday, May 27, 2013

A lesson for myself

So here I am. Trying to get back to blogging regularly, to get back to writing, with more concern about regularity than about the quality of what I produce. (Note, please, how I hold back the urge towards scatological word play as I see the previous sentence take shape - and how I cheat by pointing out the lurking pun. Another sign of how I was designed to have a master.)

Where was I?
I'm so easily distracted.

I want to blog daily.
I failed on the third day.
Here comes the challenge.
Another temptation to fight.

Just because on the third day I couldn't manage to create even a small gathering of words, let alone earth and plants and all that grand stuff, doesn't mean I should walk away from my ever so meager project. So today I'm back.

And again
I hope
tomorrow.

And Wednesday?

I'm off to Nashville!

5 comments:

Sue said...

and I?
would rather see you now and then.
than have the demands of daily posts deter you from posting at all.

Perhaps it is the definition of "regular" that is at issue.

swan

Anonymous said...

What swan said. I can't tell you how happy I am to see you back. Your voice is missed when absent, and your return restores a pillar in my personal blogging universe. Yay! - jcn

oatmeal girl said...

The definition of regular... I think, swan, that perhaps it's a question of incorporating writing back into my personal consciousness. Without guilt. But with commitment. And that writing here - most days if not every day - will be like going to the health club. Well, better than that, because I don't go to the health club. But it will be a way to build my muscles back up.

As for you, Anonymous who is too lazy to use our little blogger nom de plume - or did you forget it? I'm glad to know I'm helping to keep your blogging universe from crashing down on your head. Not sure how your insurance company would feel about THAT catastrophe. And one way or another, there would still be the matter of the deductible.

o.g.

sin said...

Nice to see you posting again, since I seem to have missed you at the health club?

nbs said...

However often you manage to post, I'm certainly happy that you've taken to writing again.

No need to be irksomely regular about it though, a few words you like are better than a lot that you aren't pleased with~~