Saturday, April 9, 2011

Undulations

Things are always changing.
Shifting.
Reversing.
Reverting.

Or so it seems.

I have to learn not to worry.
Our life is a wave, not an arrow.
There are cycles, and nothing is ever gone for good.
D/s is, after all a dynamic.
And so it is.
Dynamic.

He worries.
He panics.
He imagines things.

He goes all sweet and soft and smiling and then convinces himself that he can't be strict and mushy too. So suddenly it's No. Can't be like this. No more Mr. Romantic Guy. It's giving you ideas. It's affecting your performance. And you may only call me Sir.

Considering how we'd been for the last couple of weeks, this came as a great shock. A hard smack that sent me crashing to the ground.

Within a few days, he was going soft.
Providing structure but professing his obsessions.
Clearly happy at my request to call him my Lord again.

I need to have faith.
It's never all lost.
We are what we are.
We cannot help ourselves.
We cannot resist desire.
We cannot resist fate.

1 comment:

nbs said...

"...We cannot help ourselves.
We cannot resist desire.
We cannot resist fate."

So very true.
And so very hard for many men to accept.
I think women are more likely to go with the flow, as it were.

But it sounds like things are going well for the most part~~