Monday, November 17, 2008

Not so SAD

Light therapy works.

Well, I know it works, but I never expected that even a massive dose could turn things around this fast. I bathed in umpteen lumens of full-spectrum fluorescent light on Saturday and Sunday and today I finally set up my little light box on my desk at work. I kept it on for about 4 or 5 hours and was able to go to the supermarket after work and even pay some bills after dinner. This may not sound like much to you all but after the last few weeks it was a big deal.

I'm very relieved. My only problem is that I think I overdid it a bit and hope I sleep OK tonight. But the important thing is that I broke the cycle, and I'm no longer in a panic about making it to January.

Next step - get myself back into the health club so I can work off those 5 pounds I put on in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks to all of you for being so supportive.

No comments: