Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE!



YOU'VE GOT
THE WHOLE WORLD

IN
YOUR
HANDS.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Later: I did it.
I voted.
And yes, I cried.
Before, during, and after.
I cried,
and I hung out
at the Obama tent
with a friend from the health club.
He said he loved how
emotionally vulnerable I was.
The fiend feeds on my vulnerability.
Would he have laughed
at my tears?
Or swallowed them?
As for my friend, hmmm...
could he be a dom, too?

Who cares?
What we all are is ecstatic.
Triumphant.
Exulting in our power
together
to defeat the devil
and change the world.

3 comments:

Louise said...

Thinking of you all this night! (Obama 78, McCain 34 right now). (Hugs)

moonheart said...

Congratulations............

oatmeal girl said...

Five days later. and this country still feels like a different place.

A beautiful one.