Monday, July 26, 2010

Home and empowered

No, not empowered with relation to the sadist.
He holds all the power.
More than ever.
Which is as it should be.

But there was a huge storm in the DC area while I was gone. Luckily, as reported by M--, who was feeding the kitties, I was without power for only around 4 hours. And reports that I was without Internet access were a false alarm. The cable for Internet and TV is fully intact. But a HUGE tree limb came crashing down from very high up on one of the county trees between the street and the sidewalk, and took down what may be either a now-unused phone line (as I now use my cell phone only) or the old cable line. In any case, it didn't affect my service, but the limb does need to be cleared away and the wire dealt with one way or another.

Power is still out at my office - so maybe I'll have tomorrow off as well!

More tomorrow.

o.g.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay. The award for Greatest Tease of 2010 is awarded. Never mind that it's only July. The committee has reached a unanimous conclusion, and the prize is yours.
Not only are we still sitting, panting like abused dogs in the heat of that little car, waiting to get into the hotel, now we're fretting about the new debaucheries so enticingly mentioned two posts back. Rewards for excellent performance, another step up (down?) the ladder. Oh, yikes, that's all I can say.
But, you know, don't worry about us or anything. We're fine. Just fine. Hmmph. - jcn

oatmeal girl said...

Did I say anything about new debaucheries? I must have missed that.

Anyway, if people wouldn't keep interrupting me, I could finish the next installment which I am even at this very moment in the middle of composing. Some people are so impatient!

My Master doesn't believe in rushing things. He is very strict about that. Even with himself. And he is my teacher.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Shahrzade. I'll be good. I'm Irish. I don't know what to do when there's nothing to rush into! (We don't know what the debaucheries are, but you said training began last Thursday? if memory serves.) And now, I'll go and read Part 392. Part 10, I mean. Thanks! - jcn

oatmeal girl said...

Oh that! Forgot all about it. And it was such fun, too! There has been no further progress in that arena - and in fact, he warned me to stay away from it. SO nothing to report.

And in any case, I can report nothing without his permission. Don't you know that?

Anonymous said...

Ah, but if we weren't such attentive readers, you'd be aye disappointed. We know the rules, and that we are doomed to wander in darkness, but we enjoy the damned details, by golly! - jcn