Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vote now - we can change the world

It's not too early to be sure it's not too late.

If you can, vote early.

You never know what could happen next Tuesday.
- long lines
- snow
- flat tire
- not enough machines
- broken machines
- confusing ballots
- attempts at voter disenfranchisement

Do it now.
This is too important.
Don't risk not being able to vote.
This is historic.
And your vote can be the one to make the difference.

The following states permit no excuse, in-person early voting at election offices and, in some states, other satellite locations:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Ilinios
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Louisiana
Maine
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Source for this list is the National Conference of State Legislatures.

I've made it quite clear on this blog where I stand. I've worked for my candidate and I'll be out there again this weekend. So yes, I'd be happiest if you voted for my guy, and I'll be beside myself with joy and relief when he wins. I think most of the world will be happiest when he wins.

But beyond that, I care about democracy. I care about taking responsibility for our future. We have an amazing freedom here in the United States, we CAN vote, and yet an embarrassingly small percentage of us do.

A single vote can make the difference.
And it could be yours.
So vote.
And if you can
vote early.

Thanks to Deity for inspiring me to write this post today rather than next week.

5 comments:

Paul said...

Oatmeal Girl, now this is a good post.
People died so that we may vote.
I'm a Brit, how you vote is important to the whole world.
Thank you dear girl.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Louise said...

Oh yes, here in Europe we keep our fingers crossed, next Tuesday. Let there be a change. Good luck this weekend!

Anonymous said...

BARACK the vote!!!

oatmeal girl said...

i'm already planning my post for the next morning.

this is ours to do, and we will do it. one door at a time, one vote at a time, this time we will do it right.

kirana said...

Right on, girl.
I'm also plugging this important right of ours... it's SO important...

xoxx