Saturday, March 15, 2008

Feminist Sex Carnival

I was delighted to receive the following e-mail, though somewhat perturbed that I had to rescue it from my Spam mailbox:

= = = = =

Subject: feminist carnival of sexual freedom and autonomy

Hi,
I'm Lina from Uncool blog and I've just set up the Feminist Carnival
of Sexual Freedom and Autonomy. It is a blog carnival to promote the
sexual rights and freedom of women.

http://feministsexcarnival.blogspot.com/

I'm emailing you to let you know of it's existence mainly. It's to be
held every three weeks from 31st March - if you'd like to submit
anything that would be grand. And of course I'd be more than happy if
you'd like to host it, but as I say, I'm really emailing just to let
you know it's just been created. If you think anyone else may be
interested, it would be very kind if you could forward this email or
put it on your blog if you so wish.

I'm sorry this email is so impersonal - I'm emailing lots of people
here! Mainly, the people who I've been working with on this have
suggested you might like to be involved somehow, or else I've just
picked you off my blogroll!

Thanks for your time, all the best,
Lina

http://un-cool.blogspot.com
http://feministsexcarnival.blogspot.com/
= = = = = = = =

As an unapologetic feminist who remembers going to consciousness-raising sessions in the early 70s and still has her first-edition copy of Our Bodies, Ourselves, I'm looking forward to taking part in the carnival, though a little concerned about what I should wear... Which is nothing compared to my stress over what I should submit! For now, I'm thinking of "Keeping your cunt's cunt healthy" but would welcome other suggestions.

Do take a look at the Feminist Sex Carnival website. I particularly enjoyed reading the Wikipedia article on sex-positive feminism to which they link, and would be happy to discuss its contents here with any of my readers who are into theory. Plus of course I hope that any other sex-positive feminist bloggers who read here will spread the word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! (I too am a little concerned it ended up in your spam... hope that was a one off!)

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea, too, and hope that many bloggers choose to participate.